Bishop David M. O’Connell, C.M., of the Diocese of Trenton, will celebrate Mass for the Fifth Sunday of Lent, March 29 at 11 a.m. The Mass may be viewed at DioceseofTrenton.org and facebook.com/TheCatholicDioceseofTrenton/
During the Mass, the Bishop will celebrate the Scrutinies, which are an essential step in the journey of the Elect, those adult men and women in parish Rite of Christian Initiation of Adult processes, who are preparing to receive the Sacraments of Initiation – Baptism, Confirmation and First Eucharist.
Bishop checks in on faithful via podcast
Bishop David M. O’Connell, C.M., posted a new podcast March 28, as Catholics throughout the Diocese prepared to observe the fifth Sunday of Lent without the ability to attend Mass together. Bishop O’Connell encouraged his flock to view one of the many livestreamed Masses available and he shared a prayer of Spiritual Communion that individuals might pray from home.
The Bishop again urged the faithful to make the most of their “stay at home” time, to be kind to one another, to read the Bible and Catholic media to stay close to God. You can listen to the podcast here.
Throughout the counties of the Diocese – Burlington, Mercer, Monmouth and Ocean Counties – parishes will offer livestreaming of Masses for their communities. The following parishes have reported their livestream schedules:
Parishes in the Diocese of Trenton that are livestreaming Masses:
• Mary, Mother of the Church Parish, Bordentown
• St. Mary of the Lakes Parish, Medford. Father Daniel Swift, pastor, said daily and Sunday Mass are being videotaped and that a link can be found on the homepage of the parish website at smlparish.org. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be held every day from 5:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. in the church. Father Swift suggests that faithful sit at a distance from one another as they pray and adore. He also noted that all daily Masses offered will be Votive Masses for those who are sick and that a special prayer will be recited following the Prayers of the Faithful.
• Christ the Redeemer Parish, Mount Holly, announced that its schedule of virtual Masses may be found the parish’s Facebook portal: Iglesia Cristo Redentor / Christ the Redeemer Church. Weekday Masses Monday-Friday at 9 a.m. (español); March 21, 5 p.m. (español); March 22, 8 a.m. y 10 a.m. (español) and noon (English); March 29, 10 a.m. (español); April 5, 10 a.m. (español); April 9 (Jueves Santo), 6 p.m. (español); April 10 (Viernes Santo), 3 p.m. (español); April 11 (Vigilia Pascual), 6 p.m. (español); April 12 (Easter Sunday, 10 a.m. (español) and noon (English)
• St. Katharine Drexel Parish, Burlington, has livestream available on its parish Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/stkatsburlington/. Masses are celebrated on weekdays, Monday-Saturday at 8 a.m. and Sundays at 10:30 a.m. and noon.
St. Charles Borromeo Parish, Cinnaminson, will livestream the 10:30 a.m. Mass March 29. To view the Mass, visit the parish website, http://www.scbcinnaminson.com/ and click on livestream or the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/SCBParishCinnaminson
• St. Paul Parish, Princeton, livestreams Sunday Mass each week at 10 a.m. Daily Mass at 8:15 a.m. Monday-Saturday in English. Click “StreamSpot” on the parish’s homepage. 9am Misa en español.
• In Our Lady of Good Counsel Parish, West Trenton, Father Michael Hall, pastor, said that until restrictions are lifted, Mass may be viewed on the parish Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/OlgcWestTrenton/. Daily Mass is at 7:30 a.m. and Sunday Mass is at 10 a.m.
• St. Hedwig Parish, Trenton, has the Mass for the Fourth Sunday of Lent, March 22, posted to its parish website, http://www.sainthedwigparish.com/.
In St. James Parish, Pennington, St. Alphonsus Parish, Hopewell, and St. George Parish, Titusville, Msgr. Michael J. Walsh, pastor, said that the 8 a.m. Mass on Sunday mornings will be livestreamed. To view the Mass, visit the parish Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/The-Catholic-Community-of-Hopewell-Valley-2273138319383612 or visit one of the parish websites: www.stalphonsushopewell.org, www.stgeorgetitusville.org or www.stjamespennington.org
• St. Anthony of Padua, Red Bank, 4 p.m. Mass on Saturday and 5 p.m. Misa en español el sábado. Stations of the Cross streamed on Fridays at 7 p.m. Bilingual daily Masses streamed at 8 a.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
The parish’s schedule of Holy Week liturgies include: April 9, Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord’s Supper at 7 p.m. (bilingual); April 10, Good Friday Service of the Lord’s Passion at 3 p.m., Stations of the Cross at 7 p.m. (English), and 7:45 (Spanish); April 11, Holy Saturday, Easter Vigil at 7 p.m. (English); April 12, Easter Sunday Mass at 10 a.m. (English) and noon (Spanish).
• Nativity Parish, Fair Haven. Father James Grogan, pastor, said private Masses will be celebrated Monday through Saturday at 8 a.m., followed by Eucharistic Adoration until noon each day. The 8 a.m. Mass may be viewed by clicking on this link: https://video.nest.com/live/1Iw5QKCrC9. Adoration is also streamed, and the church is open for visits and prayer from 8:30 to noon, Monday through Saturday. On Sundays, only the 9:30 a.m. Mass will be livestreamed.
• St. Benedict Parish, Holmdel, livestreams weekday Masses, Monday-Saturday, at 9 a.m. On weekends, the 5 p.m. Saturday Vigil Mass and 8 a.m. Sunday Mass are livestreamed.
• St. Catharine-St. Margaret, Spring Lake, is livestreaming Masses at noon, Monday-Friday; 5 p.m. on Saturday at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday. To view, visit https://www.stcatharine-stmargaret.org/live-stream/
• St. Catherine Laboure Parish, Middletown, will livestream all private Masses on the parish Facebook page which can be viewed by clicking here. The Masses will then l be available on Youtube and posted to the parish website, STCATHEK.org.
• Our Lady of Fatima, Keyport,on Facebook group, Saturday at 4 p.m. in English, Sunday at 9 a.m. in English, Domingo a las 10:30 a.m. en español, Wednesday 6:30 PM bilingual exposition of the Blessed Sacrament
• Christ the King, Long Branch, Sunday Masses: 9 a.m. (portugues); 10:30 a.m. (English); 12 p.m. (español) on Fr. Javier Díaz’ Youtube channel
• St. Rose Parish, Belmar, will livestream Masses on the homepage of the parish website Saturdays at 5 p.m.; Sundays at 11:30 a.m. and daily Mass Monday through Friday at 9 a.m. To view, click here.
• St. Catharine Parish, Holmdel, recorded Mass for March 22, the Fourth Sunday of Lent, on the parish YouTube channel, https://youtu.be/0X2piF0Ly7o. The link is also posted to the parish website, stcatharine.net.
• St. Joseph Parish, Toms River, will livestream the 9 a.m. daily Mass Monday-Saturday. On Sundays, the 10:30 a.m. Mass in English and the 5 p.m. Mass in Spanish will also be livestreamed. 5 p.m. Misa en español el domingo.
• Visitation Parish, Brick, will livestream the parish’s chapel Masses, Monday-Friday at 7:30 a.m.; Saturday at 8:15 a.m., and Sunday at 9 a.m. The parish is also planning to live-stream Holy Thursday Mass of the Lord’s Supper, April 9, 7:30 p.m. (The Mass will be livestreamed only but will not be available for viewing afterward). Also, there will be livestreaming on April 10, Good Friday, the Commemoration of the Lord’s Passion at 3 p.m.; the Easter Vigil Mass on Holy Saturday at 8 p.m., and Mass on Easter Sunday at 9 a.m. To view, click here.
• St. Aloysius Parish, Jackson, will livestream daily Mass, Monday-Friday, at 9 a.m. from the parish’s Our Lady of Lourdes Virtual Chapel. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be livestreamed daily at 3 p.m. and includ recitation of the Divine Mercy Chaplet. Weekend Masses will be livestreamed at 5 p.m. on Saturday and at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday. The Masses will be archived for viewing throughout the day. Stations of the Cross will be available on Fridays. Visit the parish website, www.saintaloysiusonline.org to view Masses and read about other prayer opportunities.The Rites of Holy Week will also be livestreamed.
• St. Martha Parish, Point Pleasant, is posting Sunday Mass, with the exception of Palm Sunday, on YouTube. The YouTube link can be viewed on the parish website, www.saintmartha.net
• St. John Parish, Lakehurst will livestream Masses and the Easter Triduum on St. John’s YouTube channel. This includes daily Mass, Monday to Saturday, at 8 a.m.; recitation of the Rosary on Sunday at 9 a.m. followed by Sunday Mass at 9:20 a.m.
• St. Monica Parish, Jackson, will livestream Holy Week and Easter liturgies on the parish website at http://www.saintmonica.com. The schedule will be: Palm Sunday, April 5 at 11 a.m. only; Holy Thursday, April 9 at 7 p.m.; Good Friday Stations of the Cross, April 10 at 3 p.m.; Easter Vigil, April 11 at 8 p.m., and Easter Sunday, April 12 at 11a.m. only.
Epiphany Parish, Brick, will livestream the 10:30 a.m. Mass on Sunday on the parish Facebook page at Church of Epiphany, Brick, Facebook: 10:30 Sunday Mass
• St. Barnabas Parish, Bayville, continues to livestream daily Masses and Sunday Masses on the parish website, https://stbarnabasbayville.com/ YouTube page, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7o6dPXdwIn_JCegc5bTnIw/featured and Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/stbarnabas.bayville.
Misas trasmitidas en español:
• San Antonio de Padua, Red Bank, Misa en español a las 5pm el sábado. También, transmitirá la Vía Crucis los viernes a las 7pm y una Misa bilingue a las 8am los lunes, miércoles, y viernes.
• Cristo Redentor, Mount Holly, Misa diaria 9 am; Sábado a las 5pm; Domingo 8am; 3/29, 10 a.m.; 4/5, 10 a.m.; 4/9 (Jueves Santo), 6 p.m.; 4/10 (Viernes Santo), 3 p.m.; 4/11 (Vigilia Pascual), 6 p.m.; 4/12 (Pascua), 10 a.m.
• San Antonio Claret, Lakewood, diaria entre semana a las 7pm, sábado a las 5pm, domingo a las 10:30am. Transmitido en vivo en facebook.com/guilherme.andrino.9.