The national collection to support the Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD) marks 50 years this November, and with the continued global pandemic, help is needed more than ever.
Coinciding this year with the Solemnity of Our Lord Jesus Christ, King of the Universe, on Nov. 21-22, the U.S. Catholic bishops’ domestic anti-poverty program is primarily funded by this annual collection.
Of the amount collected, 75 percent is sent to the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops national CCHD office for grants and programs that foster hope in communities across the country. The remaining 25 percent is retained by each diocese to support local anti-poverty projects.
Click here for the full story.